[Ape] Psycopg and idle in transaction

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Sun Nov 7 08:34:00 EST 2004

Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 13:54 +0100, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
>
>>First of all, thank you for confirming the problem.
>>
>>The next question is: how can I proceed to file a bug?
>

> it hasn't been used recently, but afaik this is the proper place.
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Ape
>

>> What is the best
>>place to file this bug? And: is anyone suffering from this kind of
>>problem, or I'm the only only one which is in trouble with this sort of
>>things?
>

> is this issue causing problems for you?
>
> -kapil

We do had very bad problems of transaction left open by our application,
in the recent past. We did not use APE, at that time. However, we don't
want to be there again.

Also, from a point debugging/monitoring point of view, I see as very bad
the problem of having trasnaction open and don't knowing if they are
applications bug or normal APE behaviour...

I don't know if this scenario is potentially dangerous, but I wouldn't
like to experiment in order to discover it ;)

Regards
Marco