[BlueBream] PasteScript project template and zope.conf

Ilshad Khabibullin astoon.net at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 15:15:06 EDT 2010

Yet another way.

If BB use only WSGI, and use several different .ini files for `paster serve`
then it can be easier to define in etc/ several .conf files. I.e. not
zope.conf, but dev.conf, deploy.conf, zeo.conf. And each .conf file has
`site_definition` to different site.zcml (then it is not site.zcml - but
dev.zcml, deploy.zcml, and etc).

Thus we have several .conf files and several .zcml file (from paster
template - just with corresponding names for simplicity).

Thus, to switch from development to production - no need to run bin/buildout
-s specific.cfg.

Thus, drop `templates`.

2010/4/23 Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr>
> wrote:
> > Ilshad Khabibullin a écrit :
> >> -1
> >>
> >> I think it is good to use /tempates.
> >> Otherwise - we need use recipe zc.zope3recipe and write zcml in
> >> buildout.cfg.
> >>
> >> Why?
> >>
> >> Note, generally, we need use different size.zcml and zope.conf in
> >> different installations: development and production. Even we use 3-4
> >> variants (production, staging site, developer).
> >
> > I'm ok for keeping the templating but we must make it useful. It
> currently is
> > not.  I have a suggestion for using it in my next message.
>
> Ok, we will keep it as such for now.  At least it shows a "usage
> pattern" for templates.
>
> Regards,
> Baiju M

Ilshad R. Khabibullin