[BlueBream] Helping with the 2-part tutorial

Justin A Ryan jryan at fastergreener.net
Mon Apr 26 14:19:48 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Kent Tenney <ktenney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Justin,
>
> Welcome!

Gracias! :)

> You are making wise choices here.
> BlueBream consists decades of code from some of the smartest.

Yes, it does.

> An inspired champion on the documentation / tutorial level who could
> ease the barriers (real or perceived) to using the software stands to
> make a big splash.

I've spent a lot of time with Python programmers of various skill levels and
experience trying to determine why in the world they find Django more
straightforward than any flavor of ZTK, while they often turn to me with
questions like, "OK that Django tutorial was lots of fun, wind in my hair,
now let's get some work done" and the whole house of cards falls.

I def think the Zope community has a lot of issues where docs don't follow
the wise guidelines set forth in the writing guide.  Almost any new project
in this space makes sense to me because I know it is an alternative to X, or
a supplement to Y, but a lot of the examples out there are written more to
me than to a new user.

So, I've actually found myself saying lately well, yeah, let me walk you
into this, because some of the docs kind of .. expect you to have spent a
couple of years getting frustrated with something about Zope before reading
them.  My favorite wiki page being, thusly, ZopeInAnger. :-P

Peace,