[BlueBream] multilingual with blubream

Justin Ryan jryan at reliefgarden.org
Fri Aug 6 15:25:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you want i18n for application itself or the content which is going
> be added by the users of your system. Justin already gave some
> pointers to the second case. But if you are looking for the first case
> (i18n for app), please let us know. There are few docs in old Zope 3
> wiki and the Grok docs also will be useful. There are few buildout
> recipes for extracting and managing message catalogs.
>
> Hmm... We definetly need some docs on i18n.

Yes, definitely.  I didn't mean to get too sidetracked.  Here are some
links on i18n in z3 which we could use to get started in the BB docs:

  http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/i18noverview.html
  http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/how-to-internationalize-your-application

It did seem to me from the original question wording "multilingual
site" that content translation would be desirable in addition to i18n.
 And I think that some folks interested in a ZTK/BB oriented content
translation project would be great.

I was actually at SF Public Library last night and Alexander Limi was
throwing around some ideas about Plone future and changing the way
that the ZODB is used in a way that would affect translations.

Perhaps there's an opportunity to work together on something which we
can use in BB, and which could be an underpinning of what Plone is
looking forward to.  LP has long been a maintenance challenge, but
surely implements some basic zopey concepts which we could learn from.

Hm...