[BlueBream] Best practice: site location

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:16:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Thierry Florac <thierry.florac at onf.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 18 août 2010,
>  Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> >
>> > I always use a custom folderish class as application site root.
>> > Because of that and AFAIK it's not possible for me to use root
>> > folder as application site...
>>
>> The "root" folder implements IFolder & IRootFolder etc.
>> Is that the reason ? And there may be some views
>> registered for those interface.  But if we use a custom
>> layer & skin, that won't be an issue.
>
> Yes, of course I agree, it's not really an "absolute" issue...
>
>> > It's also the only way of course to handle virtual hosting on a
>> > single Zope instance.
>>
>> Why virtual hosting is not going to work in root folder ?
>
> I don't understand how you can define several virtual hosts if the
> application site is located at the root folder...

Ah. so the issue is hosting multiple application from same BB process.
I am not sure hosting multiple application from same BB process is
a good idea.

> Except if I don't really understand what you call an "application
> site", or if the application site is not the virtual sites root ??

What you understood is correct.

A site is where you can use the ++vh++ namespace like this:
http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:localhost:80/++/

Anyway, we will encourage to use a non-root folder to setup site.
This leaves an option to host multiple sites for those who really required it.

P.S: I have CC'ed list again.  This is good conversation. thanks for replying!

Regards,
Baiju M