[BlueBream] BlueBream release plan

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Mon Feb 22 05:57:57 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Stephan Richter
<stephan.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 January 2010, Baiju M wrote:
>> Python 2.5 & Python 2.6 will be supported.  I want to support
>> Python 2.4 also, but there are some test failures:
>> http://zope3.afpy.org/buildbot/waterfall
>> But I am afraid I will get time to work on it as I want to focus
>> on documentation.  So, if anyone can fix all issues with Python 2.4
>> before 06-March-2010 (1.0 alpha 2 release) we will support it.
>> Zope 3.4 was supported in Python 2.4 & 2.5
>> So, those who want to migrate from it, it won't be difficult.
>
> I think dropping support for 2.4 is reasonable, since Zope 2 now depends on
> the ZTK and not Zope 3 anymore. This is actually an advantage for Bluebream.
> It can now move faster than Zope 2 and the ZTK.

It looks like no one has come forward to maintain 2.4 support.
So, we will only support Python 2.5 & 2.6 for BlueBream 1.0 release.

I hope some of you already migrated from Zope 3.4 to newer
packages.  If you have taken any notes while doing it,
can you please send it to me.  That would be useful
to create "What's new in 1.0"  document. If you planning
to migrate any existing app from 3.4, please take note and send it to me.
I have already added few notes (taken from zopetoolkit) here:
http://bluebream.muthukadan.net/doc/1.0/new/whatsnew-1.0.html
This is very important for 1.0 release.

Regards,
Baiju M