[BlueBream] how powerfull is ZODB?!

Justin Ryan justin.ryan at reliefgarden.org
Sun Jul 4 18:56:12 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a at googlemail.com> wrote:
> ZODB stores everything in a single file. Is ZODB used on enterprise

It's possible to split data between multiple files.

This is common in Zope2, but all we really lack is a port of "ZODB
Mount" to ZTK/BB.

> level also with lot's of stores and request on Terrabyte level?
> How stable is ZODB in question of large storage?

I've heard some surprisingly large numbers.  King Kong ain't got
nothin' on ZODB.

But, think less straight default ZODB, and more modern NoSQL.  ZODB is
a great component of a modern NoSQL solution.

Many problems haven't been solved in a reusable manner ... yet .

> Or should I better change to a commercial enterprise DB vendor?

Oracle nearly put SBC and Hershey Foods into Bankruptcy.  Careful, there. ;)

Best,

Justin