[BlueBream] bluebream with pydev (solved) complete guide!

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sun Jul 11 04:59:52 EDT 2010

Le 11/07/2010 09:41, Tamer Higazi a écrit :
> of course!
> It was in reality nothing big to have the full autocompletion!
>
> the best thing at all:
> A) downlaod at best eclipse for java and report developers:
> at: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
>
> choose your architecture and install
>
> GENERELL: Aptana2 is stable and Aptana3 is unstable (beta)
>
> then you go to aptana:
> http://aptana.com/products/studio2/download
> and choose the plugin version and click on download!
>
> There you will get the update site displayed, and you install the aptana
> plugin by registering the update site in eclipse and installing the
> aptana plugin automatically displayed
>
> OR
>
> B) download aptana as the standalone version and install it.
>

> After eclipse with aptana is up, you install the aptana pydev extension.
> By finishing these steps you do:
>
> 1. create the bluebream project on the console and make the buildout
> 2. after doing this, start eclipse with pydev and make a new project but
> choose the path where you started your bluebream project on the
> filesystem.
>
> 3a). right click on project properties you go on: PyDEV - PYTHONPATH
> 3b) there you will find the submenu "source folders"
> 3c) klick on the button "Add Source Folders" and choose the "eggs"
> folder of your bluebream project.

What if you're using a shared egg folder (with eggs-directory in buildout's
default.cfg)? Can you point to the python interpreter of the buildout?

I've heard there are some problems with some IDEs, because the custom Python
interpreter created in the buildout by zc.recipe.egg does not accept the same
options as the standard Python binary.

Christophe