[BlueBream] Publishing RESTful API

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Fri Jul 16 13:26:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Stephan Richter
<stephan.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, July 16, 2010, Baiju M wrote:
>> I am playing with z3c.rest for some time now. But I
>> couldn't make it work yet.  Does zserver/twisted is
>> required for z3c.rest ?
>
> I never finished the server part of z3c.rest. The only useful thing in there is
> the REST client, which is pretty good and helpful for testing.

ah. ok :(

> Also, I think I would choose a much simpler design now. I really like what
> Tres and Chris did for repoze. While not ideal, its simple and works well.

You mean "repoze.bfg.restrequest" package ?
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/repoze.bfg.restrequest

It looks like Grok has good support creating RESTful API:
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/rest-support-in-grok/

I am going through Grok code, to see whether I can hack up
something without Grokkers.

Regards,
Baiju M