[BlueBream] Views for basic ZODB control

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Thu Mar 4 11:24:48 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Ilshad Khabibullin <astoon.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> 1) Can someone to give short explaintion for which purpose in bb paster templates we
> have dependency zope.app.rotterdam and zope.app.basicskin ? :)

I tried to remove those, but there were some errors.  Then I simply kept
as such :)  May be we should deprecate those packages for 1.1 or 1.2 releases.

> 2) What do you think about some views for manage ZODB. Generally.

Yes, an admin user interface would be good.  But registering views in the
default skin/layer is not a good idea.  It should be a separate skin.
What about creating a simple admin UI ? bb.admin ?  I think
we can use 'bb' as a namespace package. Well, we need to discuss
more about this topic.

> 3) Unfortunately, I'm not aware about "where all that zmi related things
> now, in which package"... Maybe someone will explain...

Simpley include zope.app.zcmlfiles, you will get everything :)

Regards,
Baiju M