[BlueBream] ZCML Directives wiki page

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 01:53:29 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 24 March 2010, Baiju M wrote:
> I also got motivation to write hand-written documentation from BFG
> ZCML documentation: http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/current/zcml.html
> I am not sure whether they auto-generated it or  not. But it looks
> very good.  I am trying to achieve something similar.

It looks hand-written. For 10 directives this is easy. For 30-40 not so much.

> We need to think about how to organize it.  Wiki is a good place to start
> that. For example, sometimes back someone asked me in IRC that he is
> getting an error related to "viewletManager".  I suggested him to include
> "zope.viewlet" I was thinking how can I avoid these kind of questions from
> someone looking to BlueBream, then I got an idea to create a "ZCML
> Directive Chart" which is included in the current documentation.  So, I
> think we need to organize documentation in such a way that it will be more
> useful and effective.  So, I am looking for your suggestions :)

I agree. So use the apidoc API to generate ReST files that produce the desired
output.

> Anyone volunteer to write examples for all ZCML directives ?

apidoc has facilities to parse ZCML files and tell you about used directives.
So you could easily get examples this way. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek