[BlueBream] Solved: PAU + loginpagename = FAIL

Dr. Volker Jaenisch volker.jaenisch at inqbus.de
Fri May 21 12:06:50 EDT 2010

Hi Bluebream list!

Dr. Volker Jaenisch schrieb:
> Tried to use the PAU feature of the challenge mechanism
> of the sessionbasedcredential plugin.

To achieve this goal I was not succesful utilizing PAU and the challenge
mechanism
of the sessionbasedcredential plugin.

I have found a rude solution to work around this.

If I register a default view for the interface
  <browser:defaultView
      for="zope.security.interfaces.IUnauthorized"
      name="login"
      />
that directs to my login view
  <!-- Login form -->
  <z3c:pagelet
      for="*"
      name="login"
      class=".login.LoginPage"
      permission="zope.Public"
      />
I can emulate the behavior that should have be done by the wisdom of PAU.
This method is no more than coping because it does not allow to
specify different loginpages for different authentication plugins.

So a few questions arose from this:
1) Why is the PAU challenge functionality no longer supported/not included.
2) Why does the functionality of e.g. z3c.layer.pagelet which brings
default error pages for e.g.
zope.security.interfaces.IUnauthorized not able to bring up at least a
default view for this exceptions?
3) What way of the handling of custom error pages is planed to be used
in bluebream in the future?
a) PAU?
b) z3c.layer.pagelet?
c) A package I did not know of?
d) The method I discussed above?

Sorry for myself getting rude. I have spend some days debugging this
issue and I am
very unhappy with the actual workaround.

IF I look at the FAQ there is an entry for

      """ <http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/faq.html#id59>

      8.5.22. How do I write a custom 404 error page?
      <http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/faq.html#id59>¶
      <http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/faq.html#how-do-i-write-a-custom-404-error-page>

Register a view for zope.publisher.interfaces.INotFound in your layer.
The default corresponding view is
zope.app.exception.browser.notfound.NotFound An equivalent exists for
pagelets: z3c.layer.pagelet.browser.NotFoundPagelet

"""

this leads obviously into the direction of 3)b) or 3)d). But is this
really intended?

On one hand PAU is introduced as the framework for the credintials
picking an authentication
on the other the challenge functionality is thrown over board and left
unused.

Maybe I am completely in error since I do not understand enough about
bluebream.
If so please enlight me with wisdom so that I may learn from my errors.

Best regards

Volker

   inqbus it-consulting      +49 ( 341 )  5643800
   Dr.  Volker Jaenisch      http://www.inqbus.de
   Herloßsohnstr.    12      0 4 1 5 5    Leipzig
   N  O  T -  F Ä L L E      +49 ( 170 )  3113748