[BlueBream] syncing BlueBream to the ZTK

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri May 21 17:07:24 EDT 2010

Can we sync the BlueBream version list to the ZTK list?

It would allow us to benefit from the ZTK expected testing infrastructure and
all the efforts to fix the tests, as well as its release management. Even if
BlueBream 1.0 was released before the ZTK, it would correspond to a pre-release
version of it, just like Grok 1.1 is based on a pre-version of the ZTK.

Grok 1.1 and Zope2.12 are already released, but future versions are expected to
be based on the ZTK. I think it's not too late for BlueBream 1.0 and I would
like it to be a proof of concept for a way of using the ZTK, without having to
fork the version list and duplicate the buildbots.

That means we would have 2 jobs:
  1) syncing the versions
  2) finding a way to *use* the ZTK, maybe extend it, and reuse parts of its
documentation (such as the migration path)

For the version syncing, it's quite easy and probably riskless.
I'm listing only the major or significant version upgrades (and I've merged
dependencies) :

Jinja2 = 2.2 -> 2.4
Pygments = 1.2 -> 1.3
Sphinx = 0.6.4 -> 0.6.5
ZConfig = 2.7 -> 2.8
pytz = 2010b -> 2010h
zope.app.appsetup = 3.13 -> 3.14
zope.app.http = 3.6 -> 3.8
zope.app.pagetemplate = 3.10 -> 3.11
zope.app.wsgi = 3.6 -> 3.9
zope.browser = 1.2 -> 1.3
zope.browserpage = 3.11 -> 3.12
zope.contentprovider = 3.6 -> 3.7
zope.exceptions = 3.5 -> 3.6
zope.interface = 3.5 -> 3.6
zope.proxy = 3.5 -> 3.6
zope.structuredtext = 3.4 -> 3.5
zope.testbrowser = 3.7 -> 3.8
zope.testing = 3.8 -> 3.9

Regarding the list itself, it's very close, the only current difference is
elementtree
infrae.subversion
martian
mr.developer
tl.eggdeps
versions
wsgi-intercept
z3c.recipe.compattest
z3c.recipe.depgraph
z3c.testsetup
zope.app.xmlrpcintrospection
zope.mkzeoinstance

Then we have yet to find a way to *use* the ZTK, as I mentionned.

Christophe