[BlueBream] When to use BlueBream?

Robert Jackiewicz rob at jackiewicz.ca
Wed Oct 20 11:57:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:10:40 -0400, Paul wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting ready to start a new project and was thinking about using
> BlueBream. We already have two projects running on Zope3 so I am pretty
> familiar with the BlueBream concepts.
>
> Anyway, my question... I noticed that
> http://zope2.zope.org/about-zope-2/the-zope-eco-system says to only use
> BlueBream if you have an existing Zope3 application. Is BlueBream really
> just a project to continue support for existing Zope3 installs? Should I
> not be looking at BlueBream for a new project?
>

> Thanks,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I would rather use Zope3/Bluebream than Zope2 any day.

Another suggestion is that you can use Grok (http://grok.zope.org).  Grok
is based on Zope3 and ZTK except it allows you to rapidly create a zope
application with the need to write zcml all the time.  Take a look, its
very promising and I have finished one project that's in production using
grok and multiple relational and ZODB databases.  Grok is become even
more popular with Plone development through the five.grok package.  You
should definitely take a look.

Cheers,

Rob Jackiewicz