[BlueBream] ftesting.zcml

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Sep 16 03:42:06 EDT 2010

Le 16/09/2010 09:37, Christophe Combelles a écrit :
> I think there is something wrong with the ftesting.zcml in the bluebream
> template. It should try to replicate the site.zcml, but does not contain the
> same thing. So the functional test by default don't use the same registrations
> as the real application.
>
> During the week-end I've tried reorganizing the zcml files, but I could not
> obtain something acceptable.
>
> I think the ftesting.zcml should just<include>  the other zcml files (the same
> as site.zcml), and just override what is needed to be changed for the tests (ex:
> the manager account).
> But to include these zcml files, we should move the content of site.zcml into
> the src folder, and just keep some<include file="...">.

However I think it would be better to cleanly separate the configure.zcml of the
application and the other zcml files provided by bluebream (which contain all
the zope and zope.app registrations). It would allow to do easy (or automatic)
upgrade of applications.

In an ideal world, I would like to keep all the zope and zope.app registrations
in the "etc" folder of the BB template, but I couldn't find a clean way to
<include> them from ftesting.zcml, which is in "src"... :(