[BlueBream] browser resource with same name for sub packages

Joshua Immanuel joshua at hipro.co.in
Fri May 27 11:23:27 EDT 2011

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 15:49 +0200, Thomas Massmann wrote:
> But if you want to have the same resource names for different parts of
> your application you might want to use different browser layers. So
> you can register one general resource 'static' and then register
> another one with the same name within your second package for a custom
> browser layer. This browser layer will then be registered for or
> injected at special locations within your application.

In that case, I have to define an interface say 'ISub1Layer' inheriting
from zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType and use this
interface as a layer option in all browser directives?

So, configure.zcml file under myapp.sub1 would look something like this

<browser:resourceDirectory
	name="static"
	directory="static"
	layer="myapp.sub1.interfaces.ISub1Layer"
	/>
<browser:page
	for="myapp.sub1.interfaces.ISub1"
	name="index"
	layer="myapp.sub1.interfaces.ISub1Layer"
	/>

Then, my access URL for myapp.sub1 would not be "localhost:8080/sub1/"
but instead it would be "localhost:8080/++skin++skinname/sub1". Am I
right?

Is this what you intended in your reply?

Regards
--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited