[BlueBream] Hello!

Войнаровський Тарас voyn1991 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:59:23 UTC 2012

Hello Camilo,

In addition to  Thierry Florac's answer I will say a few problems, that
occured when I migrated some projects to bluebream.

   - Lets start from the issue, that bluebream removed ZMI from the base
   packages, so you will not be able to migrate just by creating a base
   bluebream package if you used Rotterdam skin. If your project had ZMI start
   by creating a bluebream project and adding ZMI related packages to it. Some
   packages still contain the needed ZCML's but those need to be added
    included manualy. I do not remember what packages are used for ZMI apart
   from these:

  <include package="zope.app.form.browser" file="meta.zcml" />

  <include package="zope.app.container.browser" file="meta.zcml" />

  <include package="zope.app.security.browser" />

  <include package="zope.app.zcmlfiles" file="configure.zcml" />

   - There were some package renamings like zope.app.container -- >
   zope.container, so be attantive, to include new versions of old packages,
   which will contain back imports. Without those your ZODB will have broken
   objects.
   - Be aware to not include outdated packages from zope3, if those were
   changed in bluebream. See
   - There were some changes to persistent objects, such as File and Index.
      - The first one now contains the size in a special attribute _size
      and does not alter data to get the length. You will need to add the _size
      attribute in an evolution.
      - Indexes now contain the documentCount and wordCount in attributes.
      Reindexing indexes will help to resolve the issue. Reindexing through ZMI
      did not work for me, it searches those attributes, so we will
also do this
      in evolution
      - There also were changes with Length in zope.container.btree, but in
      my case it just worked without changes.

Something like this:

    ids = getUtility(interface=IIntIds, context=context)
    catalog = getUtility(interface=ICatalog, context=context)
    catalog.clear()
    # Updates the indexes to add the missing documentCount attribute
    catalog.updateIndexes()
    # Searches all objects and fixes files if they are troublesome
    files = findObjectsProviding(context, IFile)
    for ob in files:
        if not hasattr(ob, '_size'):
            setattr(ob, '_size', len(ob.data))

I hope that it could help you. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

P.S. I ported from ZOPE 3.4. I think that 3.3 will be mostly the same. As
for lower, did not port those, so can not help here.