[BlueBream] bluebream fails to start (fresh install)

Thierry Florac tflorac at ulthar.net
Sat Jan 11 13:55:09 CET 2014

Le 2014-01-11 13:24, Tamer Higazi a écrit :
> Hi Thierry!
>
> I figured out that libmagic wasn't on my system installed. I think
> through the system upgrade, it had been automaticly deinstalled.
>
> However, I found an overlay that installed me the latest alpha version
> on this library, which had been offered on sf.net through an overlay:
>
> *  sys-libs/libmagic
>       Latest version available: 0_alpha
>       Latest version installed: 0_alpha
>       Size of files: 18 kB
>       Homepage:      http://libmagic.sourceforge.net/
> file by performing a series of tests on it.
>       License:       GPL-2
>
> now the problem is, how do I get it to run into bluebream ?!

Do you still have the same error message when starting bluebream?
Actually, libmagic release I use (under Debian) is numbered 5.14, and is
provided with the "file" command package.
Maybe the release you have is outdated or not correct: libmagic release
provided on SourceForge doesn't seem alive anymore. Debian package is
built from http://www.darwinsys.com/file/...

Regards,
Thierry
--