[BlueBream] bluebream Digest, Vol 37, Issue 5

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed Apr 20 15:58:51 CEST 2016

My first version disappeared, so I am resending.

On 4/20/16 12:00 PM, bluebream-request at zope.org wrote:
> The security model of course is a different one.

> I'm looking for well
> supported software, and I am sure as Plone is living, like it does now
> Zope2 has a great success story and lot's of volunteers.
Plone 2 uses both Zope 3 and Zope 2.  As long as Plone is around Zope 3
will be supported.,
I am sure that is why github zope 3 is so active.  Of course adding in
ZOpe 2 to the mix just makes it a disaster.
The problem is worst when it comes to security.

Is your security model security on views, or security on methods?

> PS: About ZODB. I don't really love to rely only on ZODB.... I saw
> relstorage where any relational database can be used instead ZODB.

The magic is really in Persistent Python
blogory.org/persistent-python

You can run persistent python on ZODB, ZeroDB, Durus or NEO.

> Are there any plans to run Zope on MongoDB ?
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mongodb-frankenstein-monster-nosql-databases-john-de-goes

I hope that helps.
Chris