[ZF] Deadlines

Janko Hauser jhauser at zscout.de
Wed Jun 7 17:55:16 EDT 2006

Am 07.06.2006 um 22:19 schrieb Mark of opensourcexperts:

> Here are a few questions that maybe you can help answer::
>
> - Is the Zope Foundation an organization concerned only with the
> needs of committing members and a few companies who can afford the
> fees?
> - Is it in the Zope Foundations interest to create such a high
> price ceiling for what is essentially an Individual Membership?
> - Why should a Membership for an individual be more than three
> times the amount of say many Doctor's or other professional
> associations?
> - Do you think the average Zope Member is making more money?

These questions can only be answered, if there is actually a
Foundation established. The group, which is now established by the
initial membership has actually the duty to discuss, what goals the
Foundation will have in the future. The current process, which I
would call bootstrapping strives to have a balance between sustained
corporate interests and the involvement of the active and sustained
supporting developers. I think the balance is meet quite well.

With this balance in place, the Foundation can start to define
itself. One outcome can be, to open up for more memberships. So I
hope the Foundation will be given the time to start this selfdefining
process and thus shape it's profile.

With regards,

__Janko Hauser

Janko Hauser  email:  jhauser at zscout.de