[ZF] Setting up the Zope Management Organization

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 30 07:53:35 EDT 2006

One of the most urgent tasks for the Zope Foundation is to set up the
Zope Management  Organization (ZMO) as described in Section 7 of the
bylaws:

   http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Foundation/ZopeFoundationByLaws.pdf

In particular, we need to come up with a Zope Development Process,
ZDP, identify initial "projects" and form project leadership for each
project.

It is possible that the by laws specify too much bureaucracy for the
ZMO,  however, rather than spending time trying to change this, I
suggest we  try to work within it by creating a simple and flexible
ZDP and doing what we can to manage the ZMO in a lightweight way.

In the first meeting, the Board formed a committee to organize the
ZMO with Martijn Faassen and I as Board representatives.  (I hope
that the minutes will be published to the Foundation mailing list
soon.) I'm am looking for volunteers to serve on this committee.

Also, for those of you who will be at EuroPython, this will be an
excellent opportunity to brainstorm  ideas.  Note that there will be
an informal Dinner on Sunday night:

   http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/foundation/2006-June/000107.html

and a panel discussion on the 4th:

   http://indico.cern.ch/contributionDisplay.py?
contribId=96&sessionId=9&confId=44

I expect that there will be lots of other opportunities to get
together and work on creating an effective Foundation.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org