[ZF] Re: Use launchpad ! (was Re: [Zope3-dev] the maintenance of change logs)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Oct 1 09:28:25 EDT 2006

Carlos de la Guardia wrote:
> On 9/29/06, *Jim Fulton* <jim at zope.com <mailto:jim at zope.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for the input.  I wonder if anyone wants to volunteer to
>     spearhead a track prototype for zope.org <http://zope.org>?  One of
>     the things I like
>     about Launchpad is that I don't have to do any work.  If someone is
>     willing to step forward and commit to a Trac implementation, I'm happy
>     to try it out.  I'd like to see a short-term commitment to work out how
>     we'd use it.  If we liked it, I wouldn't want to switch to it without
>     a long-term commitment to maintain it.
>

> Ok, I've setup a prototype at http://trac.opentrails.biz/zope
>
> I put some text from the zope 3 wiki (without the links), copied the
> roadmap from that same source, uploaded the zope3 trunk to the svn
> repository

This worries me a bit.  Integration with svn seems to be a major
selling point of track, but you haven't done that.  I'd like to see
a prototype that is actually integrated with our subversion repository.
What would be necesary to make that happen?  Do you need actual access
to the local subversion files? Or can you access them remotely?

Jim