[ZF] Issue Trackers

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Oct 3 05:13:07 EDT 2006

Benji York wrote:
> The Python Infrastructure Committee reached a tie in their consideration
> of a new issue tracker.  It came down to JIRA and Roundup.  They decided
> the tiebreaker would be hosting; JIRA offered to host it at no cost, so
> they put out a call for volunteers.  If the PSF gets enough volunteers
> to run Roundup they will go with it, otherwise JIRA wins.
>
> The full message:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-October/069139.html

I've used JIRA quite a bit, and it has every feature I can think of,
except the very smooth svn-integration of Trac. But I find JIRA a bit
hard to use, to be honest. Also the SVN-integration is strange. And in
addition I would prefer using an open source software, preferably
written in Python, so that we have practical means to fix and improve
the software should the need arise.

I've never used Roundup.

Maybe we should do this the "real" way. ;) Put together a list of
requirements and see what is needed to fulfill them?

(I haven't seen anything that beats Tracs browser, btw. So i think it
may be an idea to install just that part of Trac in any case. ;) )