[ZF] Re: Status update for documents

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 23 12:09:16 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 4/23/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2007, at 5:42 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > The Foundation needs to have the ability to give people commit rights
> > to the repositories, or, say, access to whatever CMS the foundation is
> > running, or even sysadmin rights on a foundation machine, without this
> > person having to become a foundation members and sign a foundation
> > membership form.
>
> Yup. I'd be happy to just deal with the software repository at this
> point, although, perhaps the same simple structure could deal with
> these other issues as well.

Agreed. Fine with just dealing with the repository as that's urgent,
but look for opportunities to reuse this for other kinds of
access/rights.

> > People who have contributed a lot should have the option to become a
> > contributor member (we intend to rename "committer member" to
> > "contributor member", so you should be doing this in the documents :).
> > Contributor members are members of the foundation.
>
> Maybe not. Given what a hard time we're having getting this done,
> mayeb we should take smaller steps and address the renaming in a
> separate step.

Good point. Am I correct in remembering a board consensus for this
though? I'm fine with doing this as a later step. Meanwhile it's
useful for Christian to know that committer is a "subclass" of a
future contributor.

Anyway, renaming it to contributor member shouldn't change much if we
decouple committing from membership, right? A committer could become a
contributor member, but there would also be other ways to reach
contributor membership.

Regards,

Martijn