[ZF] Launchpad demo of Zope 3 collector for evaluation

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Tue Feb 13 15:20:16 EST 2007

On 13/02/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> > If there are no further issues,
>
> I'll take silence as assent ... :)
>
> > I'd like to propose doing the
> > migration shortly after we rearrange the existing Zope related
> > products/projects in Launchpad, which is scheduled for Thursday next
> > week.
>
> +1

Okay.  We did the product and project reorganisation on Thursday last
week, without any problems.  There is still a few things that need to
be set up on the "zope3" product for the bug import.  The important
ones are:

 * a bug contact (implicitly subscribed to all public zope3 bugs).
 * a security contact (subscribed to new zope3 bugs marked as security bugs).

For either of these, a team can be specified.  If a team has an email
address, then notifications will be sent there.  If a team doesn't
have an email address, then each team member gets notified
individually.

For the case of Ubuntu, we have an "ubuntu-bugs" team as the bug
contact with a mailing list set as the email address.  A similar set
up might be appropriate for zope 3 bugs if you want them broadcast to
a mailing list.

If you want to accept private security bugs through Launchpad, it
would be good to set the security contact.  This should probably also
be set to a team with moderated or restricted membership.

If you need help with any of this, please ask me or Matthew Revell.

> > For the final import, I'll need a fresh dump of the collector data in
> > the same format Jim gave me the first time.  It would also be good to
> > make the zope3-dev collector read only at that point so that we don't
> > miss any changes.
>
> OK. Just let me know when you need a new dump.  I don't know how to
> make the old collector read-only, but I'll try to figure it out. :)

This depends on the time frame you want :)  I think it would be best
to get the bug contact configured first, and then we can do the
conversion.  Assuming that there are no surprises, I should be able to
perform the import without much delay.

As for making the collector read only, one hackish way to do so might
be to deny POST requests to URLs under
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev at the Apache level.  Of
course, this assumes that the interface to the collector is only
available at that URL and that you can't modify items with GET
requests.

> Thanks again for doing this!

No problem.

James.