[ZF] Zope.org ViewVC

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Mar 3 03:33:48 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 09:05, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>  From an admin perspective I have always found Trac a nightmare of
> dependencies that could never be satisfied by using normal
> distribution-supplied packages. It leaves you with a hairball of
> software that must be maintained manually. My own vote on Trac is -1.

My experience is that trac isn't yet at the same level as Zope for
dependency management, but it ain't all that bad; it's the plugin
authors that don't quite know how to do release management yet.

I manage it just fine using buildout all the same. Here is the eggs
section, minus the local plugins:

eggs =
    Trac
    pysqlite
    docutils >= 0.3.9
    pytz
    Pygments

I'll happily send you the whole buildout for our local trac instances;
I currently manage 7 instances in parallel with one buildout, where
most configuration is shared.

--
Martijn Pieters