[ZF] About the recent election.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:06:44 EDT 2009

It came to my knowledge today that there had been an election to the
Zope Foundation board. This came as a surprise to me, as I had
expected to be notified BEFORE the election, as a member of the Zope
Foundation.

After some digging I figured out why. Full story here:
http://regebro.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/how-i-was-kicked-out-of-the-zope-foundation-in-eight-small-mistakes/

Short story: In February seven members was made Emeritus Members. This
can according to the bylaws only be done by a two-third majority vote
of the members, or if the member has applied to has the status
changes, by a majority rule. No such member meeting was called, so no
such vote can have happened. Therefore, these members are not really
emeritus members, but full members, until they can be made emeritus
members at the special meeting on thursday.

However, the call for the election went out only to those on the
foundation mailing list, a mailing list to which these seven members
where not subscribed to. Therefore, the announcement of the election
was not made to all members. Therefore, I will at the meeting on
Thursday argue that the election is invalid, and propose that it
should be redone. This needs to be done by voting no to the new board,
so that the election needs redoing.

This is not per se a claim that the elected board is bad and not
worthy of election, only that the election was invalid. Although as
you can see from the blog post above the whole membership transfer has
been grossly mismanaged from start to finish this was done by the
current board, and not the elected board. However, this does not
change the fact that the election done recently was invalid, as not
all members was notified of the election.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/