[ZF] About the recent election.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:27:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 23:27, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> You were notified, personally, twice about impending membership changes:

The blog post explains why these were completely inadequate. But a
look at the titles sais it all really:

> - - subject "Zope Foundation membership changes"
> - - subject "foundation at zope.org list unsubscription"

None of these tell me in any way that my membership was in jeapordy.
And even if they had, and I still wouldn't have reacted, my membership
can only be revoked by a two-third majority vote, which would then
have happened on the meeting this Thursday.

> I can't say why you never reacted to these messages

I think it's rather obvious. But that is not the point. The point is
that I was a member, and so was six other persons, and we were not
notified about the election. The election is therefore invalid.

> the current board has spent reasonable effort trying to reach you.

That may be so, but they did not spend a reasonable effort in
notifying me about the election. In fact, the explicitly removed me
and six other members from the only mailing-list where the election
was announced prior to the announcement of the election.

This has been grossly mismanaged from start to finish. In every single
step of the whole movement of membership status the foundation board
has made obvious mistakes. A minimal reaction would at least be to
admit the mistakes.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/