[ZF] Announcement: 2011 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Feb 3 11:43:28 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> On 2/3/2011 5:31 AM, Jeff Rush wrote:
>> I saw in the minutes there was a ZTK Working Group tasked with providing
>> this coordination at one point but that it faded away.
>
> There was a Steering Group:
>
> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/steeringgroup/
>
> that gave way to a Release Team:
>
> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releaseteam/

The release team only took over some of the duties of the steering
group. Organizing the Zope community at large or enforcing development
practices for all the code in the Zope Foundations SVN repository
aren't among the things the release team cares about.

So there's a real governance vacuum. Since the Zope Summit there's
many discussions going on about this in smaller groups and
face-to-face conversations. There's not been any conclusion or even
proposal on this topic yet.

> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releaseteam/meeting-20110104.html#next-meeting
>
> I don't know who has been the excellent secretary posting the minutes of
> those meetings (hanno?).

All the praise for keeping notes needs to go to Jan-Wijbrand Kolman.

> But I hope it keeps up. I find having that
> well-organized trail of breadcrumbs informative in a way which keeps me
> interested.

Thanks!
Hanno