[ZF] Foundation goals survey

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:24:08 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be>wrote:

> 5) encourage further porting of Zope onto Python 3

​I think this makes sense.
​
8) some kind of joint/merged effort with the Plone Foundation

​I think this makes sense. I wonder if anything good happens if we extend
the allowed committers to the group of people with commit rights to Plone
core.

Also, maybe this discussion should be split in ZTK and Zope2 specific code.
If I remember it correctly, Zope2 is only used by Plone while the ZTK is
used by other communities too.
Maybe the Zope 2 code could be transferred to the Plone foundation instead
of giving the Plone Committers Zope commit rights.