[Fredericksburg-ZPUG] PyCon 2014 Call for Proposals, New Website

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Mon Feb 3 17:01:02 CET 2014

Hi Fredericksburg Python Users!

PyCon 2014, taking place April 9-17 in Montreal, has just passed 1600 tickets sold, and we're seeing sales ramp up very quickly. Late last week we were announcing the 1500 mark, and with a cap of 2000 tickets, we expect these last four hundred to move quickly. Head to https://us.pycon.org/2014/registration/ to buy yours today!

This year's talk schedule is available at https://us.pycon.org/2014/schedule/talks/, along with a keynote series including EFF co-founder John Perry Barlow; IPython creator, Fernando Perez; PSF director, Jessica McKellar; PSF chairman, Van Lindberg; and Python's creator, Guido van Rossum. The tutorial schedule is available at https://us.pycon.org/2014/schedule/tutorials/, and spaces are limited! You'd be hard pressed to find a better value than our tutorials.

We've long thought PyCon to be family friendly, and last year's aYoung Codera tutorials were a hugely successful step towards showing it. The tutorials are back again this year, with registration opening shortly for children 12 and over: https://us.pycon.org/2014/events/letslearnpython/. For kids under 12, we're pleased to be offering childcare! See https://us.pycon.org/2014/childcare/ for details.

The 5K Charity Fun Run is on its third year, with proceeds benefiting the EFF. It's a fun time and supports a good cause. For the 5K and many other events, check out the Events section on https://us.pycon.org/2014/

Make sure your passport is in order, as you need one to cross the border. More details available here: http://pycon.blogspot.com/2014/01/pycon-attendees-from-us-you-need.html

For the latest updates, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/pycon, and on our blog at http://pycon.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you in Montreal!

Diana Clarke, Chair