[Grok-dev] Re: grok.Site

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Nov 6 11:42:10 EST 2006

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like the notion of grok.App and we probably need the generic site too,
>  so I'm voting to have both and make users aware that there is a
> distinction between a place where components can be registered and the
> application.

Yes, that's my conclusion too. We already have grok.Site now.

As to grok.App:

I propose a 'grok.App' mixin for grok.Model and grok.Container. It's
actually also a grok.Site.

I also propose grok.getApp() to actually get to the app. The app gets
set during traversal as a thread-local in a very similar way to the way
the site gets set.

Inside of grok we also generate a list of the registered apps. This list
can then be used to do menu registrations and such stuff.