[Grok-dev] Traversing

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Oct 19 15:05:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I just noticed that our traverser does not know what to do if traverse()
isn't defined.

I stumbled over that when I switched our wiki to grok.Container. I
talked to Philipp shortly on IRC and he proposed not to do fallback to
attribute/dict access.

I somewhat agree. However, we have to define how grok.Container behaves.

The most simple solution I can imagine would be to define a default
traverse() on the container that does the dict lookup.

Christian