[Grok-dev] view.url

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 31 09:47:12 EST 2006

Christian Theune wrote:
[snip]
>>> Passing an object and a name (subpath?) seems reasonable.
>> Not sure what you mean with subpath.
>
> I guess I could just do this:
>
> view.url(wikipage, 'yada/yada/?yada=yada')

Probably. Actually one advantage of having an explicit url() method
instead of doing the attaching yourselves all over the place is that
this takes care of encoding and quoting issues. Not *sure* how that
interacts with arguments, but should be okay.

I think a dictionary for arguments definitely makes sense by the way. I
think using '/' should be very rarely needed and perhaps we even want to
disallow it. If you need to do view.url(wiki, 'mypage/edit') you can
better do view.url(wiki['mypage'], 'edit') instead.