[Grok-dev] Assembly Alive 2.0

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat Aug 4 11:21:13 EDT 2007

Am Freitag, den 03.08.2007, 00:47 +0200 schrieb Tim:
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 13.13.32 Christian Theune wrote:
> > I'm proud to present one of my projects that I've been working on
> > lately, that went live today: Assembly Alive 2.0
> >
> > It's based on current grok and Zope 3, running behind nginx. Completely
> > uncached.
>
> What are you using nginx for? Just url rewriting?

Yes. No caching.

> How can it be so fast? The pages are almost instant.

Very small code. We do almost nothing to render those pages. All the
code is very lightweight.

We're running on two servers (actually we're not even using all CPUs by
now) plus one ZEO server.

An estimation is that we can handle about 250-300 requests/s uncached. I
tested this with two different load testing tools (ab for some simple
checks, siege for some session tests) and was able to produce this
number.

We do have some issues with write conflicts here and there, but I don't
see any workarounds right now. :/

Christian