[Grok-dev] Re: Testing tutorial

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Aug 13 10:10:45 EDT 2007

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>> the testing mini-howto now covers the IMVHO most important kinds of
>> testing.
>
> Great!
>
>> Luciano, I impudently stole your example doctests (a bit modified) for
>> the how-to and hope you don't mind.
>
> Excellent, I am glad the examples were already useful.

I'm happy to see this development. I'd prefer to make this a document as
opposed to creating this automatically using grokproject.

To rant a bit more about cruft-generators:

grokproject created a README.txt for a while. As a result, lots of grok
code that I found had a README.txt that was absolutely identical to the
grokproject generated one, out of date, directed at the developer using
grokproject ("look here for templates") instead of the audience
*reading* the code, and thus worse than useless.

Sorry about the ranting, though. :)