[Grok-dev] New sample app: LoginDemo

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon Dec 31 04:40:59 EST 2007

Hi Luciano,

Am Sonntag, den 30.12.2007, 18:17 -0200 schrieb Luciano Ramalho:

> I think the Grok admin UI should adopt session authentication so we
> don't have to continue working around this limitation of HTPP basic
> authentication for another 10 years...

Some of us might remember, that there already was a version of the
admin-UI with session-based authentication, a logout button etc. It even
had a hidden usermanagement screen, what nobody noticed ;-) It suffered,
however, from one heavy design-flaw, which I could fix with a
fallback-authentication mechanism, that was inspired by Philipp. But
some users had problems to update their old instances under certain
circumstances. Therefore Martijn voted for removal of the session based
authentication.

Best regards,

--
Uli