[Grok-dev] [website] Let's do content!

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon Dec 31 08:10:09 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 12:16 AM, Kevin Teague <kevin at bud.ca> wrote:

> > Right now it's not possible to join the Plone site since the
> > outgoing mailhost is not configured. I'll have to ask Quintagroup
> > about this setting. In the interm, if you want an account for the
> > site the process is:
>
> Erm, scratch that. The Plone site can send mail out from localhost -
> it just takes a few minutes ... you can create your own account at:
>
> http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/join_form
>
> Then just email me your user name and I'll grant you the Admin role.

Hey, Kevin, great news about the site! I am eager to contribute content to it!

About one hour ago I signed up, but have not gotten an e-mail so far.

Also, let me suggest to you that in Plone 3 it's possible to disable
the need for e-mail confirmation when joining. That is done through
the site management area in the Plone UI, I think the specific setting
is in the security secreen.

Cheers,

Luciano