[Grok-dev] Re: Site design questions.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:50:57 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > But how to do templating? There was a definite lack of calling
> > main_template in the grok-templates, but somehow, somewhere, the rest
> > of the site design needs to be pushed out as well. What are the
> > grokish plans for that?
>
> Well, first of all, you can use PageTemplates macros like in Zope (more
> like in Zope 2 than in Zope 3, actually).

Right, but there is no standard way in grok to include the site skin,
and we either need such a standard way to make grok applications
reuseable outside your own site, or we need a way to "impose" the site
skin onto the non-skin-aware pages.

I must say that I would prefer the latter way, but I have no clue of
how to do it. :) Especially since you need to be able to have
different skins for different pages, a pop-up window should not have
all the portlets for example.

> > Also, some sort of portlets system would be needed. Does anything
> > (except the overworked and presumably now dead cpsskins for zope3)
> > exist?
>
> I suppose something that makes working with ContentProviders easier and
> easily grokkable would ansewr this need. I'm not sure this has to be
> part of grok. This could also easily be an extension (megrok.viewlets or
> whatever).

Right.

--
Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, CPS, Plone consulting.
+33 661 58 14 64