[Grok-dev] Re: Working towards a 0.9 release

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Feb 24 06:08:58 EST 2007

Baiju M wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>   simple-website: I don't think it would be too hard to get a DNS entry
>>      for grok.zope.org and a really really simple website up and
>>      running. Then again, it should look at least a little pretty and
>>      feature our mascot in order to generate buzz. Do we want to punt on
>>      the website for 0.9 and just use CheeseShop or could we volunteer
>>      somebody yo come up with a simple design? I guess once we got a
>>      design we could all chip for the website contents (which could be
>>      generated from reStructuredText and be served statically for
>>      now...). Either way, we'll have to get a web site at *some* point,
>>      so we could just as well get started now.
>

> Why not use the same design of foundation.zope.org and
> wiki.zope.org/zope3 ?

We could certainly work on top of that. However I think the website
should definitely feature our mascot, grok the caveman, and put visitors
in the whole stone age mood. Perhaps that can be combined, but I'll
leave that to whoever volunteers or is volunteered ;)

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5