[Grok-dev] Re: grok.PageTemplate and content types

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 09:55:39 EST 2007

> Sorry, I must speak up here.  I adamantly recommend against using
> content_type.  This gets *sooooo* confusing when dealing with systems
> that are built to work with or supporting CMSs.  Use mime type... much
> more obvious and clean imho.

I tried not to start *that* discussion by just proposing mime_type and
hoping noone noticed *wink*. But I have to agree with Rocky here.

(Actually, I could even imagine a seperate encoding argument, to
indicate the output encoding. Together with mime_type it would then
form the "Content-Type" header for HTTP for example. I'm not sure
however if this would really be useful, as UTF-8 covers most of the
cases anyway.)

jw
--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman