[Grok-dev] grokproject: zope.app.session missint in instance configuration

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Jul 3 17:19:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

I just found out about grok, and oh boy! it makes getting started with zope3
so much easier!

I started with grokproject, and create a test-application just to experiment
a bit.  so far it's going well, but I noticed that if I add a PAU (with
credentials-plugin) to my site/application,  I cannot access my application
if I don't first log-in at the root level (with basic auth).

for example, If i want to access _any_ page at
http://localhost:8080/testapp/whatever, I first have to go once to
http://localhost:8080 and log-in there with "grok:grok"

If I don't do that or if I try to login directly into my app with the PAU, I
get a system error. From the log messages I found that zope is trying to
adapt the request to ISession to see if I still need to be authenticated,
and that fails because the adapter is not registered.

Adding a   <include package="zope.app.session" file="configure.zcml"/>
to my instance's package-includes (as generated by grokproject) solves the
problem, so I think that package should be "installed" (configured) by
default for generated projects.

cheers. Luis