[Grok-dev] Mini tutorials

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Jul 4 05:12:53 EDT 2007

Humbly... I suggest the following guidelines when writing mini
tutorials.

A mini tutorial is a primer to get a newbie started with a component
or a pattern.

-Keep them short (5-10 min read)
-Include working code samples
-Focus on a single component/pattern
-Only explain the basics, but still making it useful immediately
-Give reference to further reading

These mini tutorials could turn into a repository of patterns and
practices. I would personally have saved A LOT of time if I had had
such examples. I think many newbies like to copy and tweak existing
code. It would also reduce the support effort for the community since
it narrows the errors newbies make.

Mvh Sebastian