[Grok-dev] Re: Parallel sprint in Brasil

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Jul 5 10:23:15 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I'd like very much to hear more about your plans here, as I don't agree
> with this approach. I showed custom, HTML-based forms first, because:
> [...]

Thanks, Martijn, your rationale is very clear and I agree with it. My
proposal was not to start with autoforms right away, but just
introduce them earlier than in the current tutorial. I also see the
educational value of the hand-written forms to show how things really
work. Sorry if I was not clear.

I will consolidate your outline with some new ideas and earlier
observations I made about the tutorial on June 1st and produce a more
detailed outline for the first part of the tutorial for your feedack
before the sprint, OK?

> Note that you should definitely set up the tutorial sample applications
> under groktut. If you are changing the tutorial or introduce new sample
> applications, please expand from there. Read doc/groktut/INSTALL.txt for
> information for how to make the installation go very quickly using buildout.

Will do.

Cheers,

Luciano