[Grok-dev] grok the character, grok the logo

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jul 7 15:28:12 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Quite some discussions (hidden away in a thread, bad Armin for replying
to an existing message? :) on the grok logo.

My preference:

* we use original-Grok in Armin's updated vector presentation.
Sebastian, do you think you can work with this in a website design? We
can still use the new-grok image in various places as Grok's friend or
whatever.

* I like the idea of the stylized club in the logo. The club will be
fine in a few years time - I don't think we'll be dumping the caveman
mascot any time soon, and a club is a great example of a simple,
effective, powerful, flexible tool, which Grok tries to be. There's lots
to play with there.

I think

http://www.dzug.org/marketing/corporate-design/grok/grok-signetb.png/

is a heading in the right direction, though perhaps we can make the
colorscheme more stone-age. Whatever that is. :) I'm just now sure about
the green. Sebastian, what do you think would fit in the new layout?