[Grok-dev] Re: On the Grok API

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 03:25:28 EDT 2007

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> - -1 from me.  The point of the "facade" module is that it contains
>> everything you need.  Adding another name does not make this any clearer.
>
> I have to agree with Tres.
>
> The amount of names in grok is not too large anyway. Specialized, less
> common things can go in a seperate namespace (like is done with the
> indexes) or even in extensions to grok.

How about something more of a convention and less of a name?

Like ....

class Foo(grok.Model):
     grok.declare_context(...)

I'm not religious about this, I'm just conscious that to people who
aren't used to implements() and adapter() in class definitions, this
looks like funny Python. :)

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress