[Grok-dev] Grokking testcases

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 06:15:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

One of Grok's current limitations, is that, when a package is grokked,
all of its tests are grokkked as well. Like in my case currently,
where I have a test fixture module that registers global utilities
that I'd like to test. These global utilities are thus also available
when I run my zope instance...

Would it be an idea to skip tests and ftests directories by default
when grokking? I know work is underway (i.e. Martian) to make what is
grokked and when much more flexible, but I wonder if skipping the test
directries would at least be a quick fix/workaround for *now*?

What do you think?

kind regards,
jw

--