[Grok-dev] Saving multiple objects from one AddForm

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Jun 28 22:24:59 EDT 2007

Maybe I'm tired and missing something, but I've not been able to hack
a simple way to load test data into the ZODB...

The relevant code is here:

http://kirbi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/kirbi/pac.py

The AddBook AddForm works as expected.

Then I tried to do a quick hack in the form of the DemoBooks AddForm,
which basically presents one button and when submitted loads a list of
dictionaries from this other module containing 289 book records:

http://kirbi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/kirbi/demo/collection.py

For some reason, the DemoBooks.add method creates 289 book instances,
with names derived from the isbn13 field, but with all fields empty...
as if the line:

self.applyData(book, **dic)

...had no effect.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Luciano

PS. I will import all my grok code to the official Zope SVN; I just
have not had time to learn how to do a buildout to make proper
checkins of Kirbi and my other sample apps... next week school will be
over and my pace will pick up.