[Grok-dev] Re: naming conventions

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 16 11:40:30 EDT 2007

Christian Theune wrote:
> I didn't catch your discussion and couldn't read up on the other thread,
> so I'm running on the danger to be missing something and I'm sorry for
> that already.
>
> I'm not sure what the naming conventions for Zope 3 are, but, Jim keeps
> referring to PEP 8 and keeps pointing out that those do you use
> under_scores in favour of camelCase for methods and attribute names.

Yeah, both Philipp and I are aware of this. :) Zope 3 can't start
following PEP 8 any time soon though, as it has tons of camelCase
methods and it would really be confusing if we suddenly started
introducing under_score_methods() in existing classes and modules.

Since Grok in some cases subclasses things in Zope 3, we figure
consistency might be better here than following PEP 8.