[Grok-dev] Portlets (and maybe other skinning).

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 03:52:20 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> After discussing with Philikon, I'm currently looking into replacing
> the publication object with something that looks up a main template
> and uses that, and passes all viewlet managers to it. The main
> template can then render the main design with all viewlets in the
> correct places. The idea is then to make a special viewlet that
> renders the actual object and outputs that.

That worked, pretty much. So far, I like this much better than using a
main_template. It makes more sense to me. You have a design in which
you place the content, instead of the otehr way around.

But of course, since the object has a template that ouputs
html/head/body tags, and the main template also does that (it has too)
I get two of them.

The question is, should I strip everything outside of the body and
only insert the body, or should we require that all grok-views that
make use of this only returns the actual body?

Opinions? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Anyone want to see the proof of concept code?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64